Saturday 19 May 2012

Review: Nails Inc Neon & Nude Collection

By now, you've probably gathered I'm pretty obsessed with nail polish. Like many people feel about shoes, you can never have a fat day where your nails are concerned. When my nails are painted to my liking, I feel a million times better than when they aren't - prepared, pulled-together, a little more polished (really, no pun intended).

Top of my list for this season then was Nails Inc's Neon & Nude collection - a set of 6 mini polishes, three to take on the current trend for neon talons, and three to tap into the eternal chic of nude nails.



The shades (l-r)
Porchester Square | a wear-with-anything nude-grey
Cadogan Square | an incredibly sophisticated caramel
Jermyn Street | a lovely dark taupe
Portobello | a punchy neon orange
Notting Hill Gate | a brighter-than-you'll-believe pink
Westbourne Grove | a less showstopping, more stop-the-show, neon orange/yellow

I tried Notting Hill Gate for the nelly.com launch (it clashed brilliantly with my mint peplum) and wore Porchester Square all weekend long - its the PERFECT nude for spring. Unfortunately, Westbourne Grove (although lovely-looking in the bottle) comes out more of a faded yellow-orange and although a strong colour is surprisingly see-through (one person even asked if I'd painted it over a French manicure).

I'm desperate to try Jermyn Street, but cannot open the bottle for love nor money, so will have to take it in to the South Molton Street store & see what they can do. Cadogan Square is a wonderful rich caramel colour, sophisticated and subtle. I wore it solo for a day, and last night turned it into a half-moon mani with my new Barry M foil effect gold polish (which I highly recommend, and is part of Superdrug's amazing 3 for 2 across cosmetics offer) which received a LOT of positive attention in the office this morning.


Provided I can swap my unopenable Jermyn Street for one I can actually use, I'll be happy with my purchase - yes, Cadogan Square was a let down, but 5 out of 6 isn't bad!

What's top of your spring nail polish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment