Monday 23 April 2012

The Voice


I'm Pretty sure I speak for a lot of you when I say that The Voice UK was the TV highlight of the past weekend, but after almost three hours of what can only be described as contestants shouting senseless vowels at each other, was anyone else just desperate for the 'battle' rounds to give way to the nitty gritty of..well, whatever The Voice will be once it finally settles down?

Don't get me wrong, I'm l-o-v-i-n-g yet again having some form of 'event TV' (I never really can come to terms with the X-factor ending each year) but whilst we always know what to expect from each stage in the X-factor (and every other TV talent show in the UK), I'm finding not knowing what on earth is going to happen next Saturday night for 90 minutes on BBC1 a little unsettling.

Sure, there'll be some form of singing, but will the spinning-chairs be back in action? Will there be mentor-contestant duets? And don't even get me started on the possibility of another mentor-medley - if anyone ever has to see Jessie J grinding up against Sir Tom Jones ever again, it'll be too soon.

What do you think we should expect from The Voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment