Monday 30 April 2012

Nails of the day - the half moon manicure

For a while now I've been wanting to try the half-moon mani, but I never got round to looking up the tricks to make it possible at home.

Last week however, I was browsing nail posts over at The Beauty Department and stumbled across the the exact tutorial I'd been meaning to find for ages - how to do a half-moon manicure at home, without breaking the bank.

I decided to stick to the same colour scheme as our LC did - I thought my Chanel Graphite would look great with Mavala Elle, but couldn't resist the opportunity to use my Blue Satin (any excuse).

Paint combinations onto paper to
choose your colours
Paint the full nail with your
chosen crescent shade
Apply the stickers to each finger
& add a coat of your second colour
Carefully remove the stickers,
et voila!
It's still a little fiddly, and easier said than done getting the reinforcement stickers at the same height on each nail, but overall I like the effect and the technique is easier than you'd think from looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment