Tuesday 24 April 2012

Revlon's new Lip Butters


Whilst on a lunch-hour trip around Boots (as I often find myself, on the way back from pret-a-manger, sandwich in hand) I remembered Sali Hughes ' recent recommendation (albeit very small, nestled right at the end of her Spring Looks video) of Revlon's new lip butters.

I'm not usually a fan of lip butters, in the broad sense - wishy washy in colour and sticky in substance, I prefer my lip colour high-octane and to stay put. That said, if I trust anybody's opinions it's Sali's, and the fact that these were made by a cosmetic, rather than skincare, brand suggested to me they'd be more of a caring lip colour than a tinted lip balm.

After covering my hand in ever possible colour sample, I finally decided on 045 - Cotton Candy, a light pink shade. I thought it would be perfect for spring, on days when I want to add a little colour to my face without having to commit to a full-on lipstick. I tried it as soon as I got home and I have to say, I'm hugely impressed...the colour goes on easily, and feels like a nourishing lipstick, not a gloss or balm, as I had feared. The colour lasts well for this type of product, and my face looked fresh. Perfect for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment